Sunday, February 14, 2010

All Things Are Possible




A week of weather miracles. Those in Virginia don’t consider the lined up and back-to-back blizzards anything but frustration at this point. But this is my second snow blog in a week’s time. And the amazing thing is that the second storm occurred in South Carolina – snow on Wyboo! Who would have believed it?

And the total amazement, the jaw-dropping disbelief is the point. I had been home only 5 days after traveling to northern Virginia to experience the February 5th blizzard. I knew full-well, or at least assumed, that I would never see snow in South Carolina. I miss my snow!

So as the week wore on, the forecast started with a slim possibility of snow, snow showers, a winter weather watch mid-week and a winter weather warning on Thursday. And I began to believe.


I am not arrogant enough to believe that God would send snow all the way across the south just to delight me. But I do know that He is willing to teach me lessons through His amazing ways.

And if it can snow at Wyboo, anything can happen. Can I find out His will and purpose for my life? Yes. Can He use this community to accomplish mighty works? Absolutely. Am I overreacting here? I don’t think so. Because in the day-to-day process of living out life’s little boring and taxing details, we begin to doubt that miracles exist. Even if we believe God is capable of enacting wonders, we deep down just don’t trust that He will.

So I jumped around and I whooped. I went riding in the golf cart and took pictures in the dark. The snow was great. But my God was showing me that He is in control, He is sovereign, and He can and will do what He pleases according to His purposes. And because good is in His design for me, I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Matthew 19:26; Romans 8:28
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible”…And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment